System Engineer Rolling Stock
System Engineer Rolling StockApply now
- Division Rail
- Place of employment Strukton Rolling Stock bv - Alblasserdam
HBO Professional Bachelors degree
- Employment hours 32 - 40 hours
The focus of Strukton Rolling Stock is providing custom power electronic solutions for the railway sector. The main solutions are; Auxiliary, Traction and Train control management systems. These systems need to be designed, tested and integrated for Trams, Metro’s, Trains and Locomotives for customers all over the world.
As a system engineer you play a crucial role in the success of providing these valuable solutions. You will be the foundation for projects/systems from conception through production and into realization. As a technical business expert you are concerned with the big picture of a project, in addition to details including cost, schedules, and any workability issues. You are a natural collaborator and will often interact with project managers and the engineering team at every turn. You are taking the lead in facilitating the achievement of a successful system.
Your role includes the following tasks:
- Get up and running in rolling stock systems, quality management System and rolling stock standards and regulations
- Technical specifications, electrical and software design, electrical drawings, production engineering, integration, testing and commissioning
- Analyze and solve problems during integration, testing and commissioning phases
- Review system engineering deliverables against higher level documents, standards and customer specifications
- Write module, integration and system test specifications including traceability and execute the tests
About Strukton Rolling Stock
You will work in a team of passionate colleagues on challenging state-of-the-art projects for international clients. These projects include the development, production and supply of drive systems (traction converters), on-board converters (auxiliary converters) and vehicle control systems (TCMS) for goods and passenger transport by rail. Collaboration with various partners and internal departments are an important success factor in this.
Strukton Rolling Stock offers you a working environment where you are seen as an expert in your field.
In addition your will receive a:
- Challenging job content and work environment
- Competitive salary and additional allowances per 4 weeks.
- Good pension plan and collective health insurance
- 38 vacation days
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink preferably for rolling stock systems or comparable systems
- Knowledge of systems engineering, product development processes and quality management systems
- Knowledge of the CENELEC standards ((EN50126, EN50128, EN50129 (RAMS) and EN61508 (Functional Safety for Rolling Stock))
- Excellent communication skills in English